There is something refreshing about tidying up our home, getting rid of things that no longer serve us and entering the Spring season feeling rejuvenated. We’ve put together our top 5 tips to help you get your Spring cleaning started:
1. Electronics – Take an inventory of your electronics. Perhaps you have old phones, tablets or laptops collecting dust. You can recycle those or trade them in for gift cards, which you can currently do at Best Buy stores.
2. Your Closet – Gently-used clothing and shoes can be dropped off at a local consignment store.
3. Sort Through Each Room – Take the time to go through your home, room by room, and get really specific about what you don’t need anymore, which you can sell. There are many popular buy-and-sell apps that are location-based like VarageSale, where you can sell your items quickly.
4. Revamp Your Budget – It’s a couple months into the year so take the time to look at your spending habits. Are there unplanned increases to your budget? If so, take the time to adjust for those. Or, if you’ve seen a decrease in expenses, reallocate some of those extra dollars to your savings goals.
5. Bring The Outdoors In – While not everyone has a green-thumb, growing your own herbs inside, in small pots, is fairly easy and can be a savings in the long run. Start by figuring out which herbs you use most often and start there. They’ll taste great and bring some green into your home too – bonus
So what should you do with all the money you make from Spring cleaning? Re-invest it! Add to your savings account or pay off debt.