Thinking about moving or getting ready to put your house on the market? Spring is always a busier time for home sales and if you want to ensure your home is ready to sell there are a couple of simple things you can do to help the process along.
1. Remove clutter – Are your closets full of clothes, shoes, sports equipment or just ‘general stuff?’ Take the time to go through each room and de-clutter. Potential buyers will be able to see your spaces more clearly in your home with less of your stuff filling the space.
2. Fresh coat of paint – Refresh your walls with a new coat of paint or touch up spots that need it. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders to show-off your home to potential buyers.
3. Replace or remove personal photos – Remove your most personal photos from your home or replace them with neutral photos like landscapes or art pieces. Again, this allows potential buyers to picture themselves in your home instead of seeing all of the pictures of you and/or your family hanging on all of the walls.
4. Pack away personal decor items – We all have our own home-decor style and it’s not going to be everyone’s taste. Remove personal mementos or trinkets that are a part of your decor and try to create neutral, tidy spaces in your home.
5. Bring the outdoors in – A fresh bouquet of flowers or a couple of small plants can do wonders for your space and bring a fresh look into your home.
6. Bathrooms & Kitchen – These are two of the most used spaces in your home. Give the rooms a deep clean, paying special attention to baseboards, doors and appliances; organize your kitchen pantry and your bathroom cupboards, and, clear the countertops as best you can.
7. Outdoor spaces – Your curb appeal and backyard spaces are just as important as the inside of your house. Add a potted plant to your front step and a outdoor mat in front of your front door to make people feel more welcome. De-clutter your backyard and tidy up from the previous season (i.e. rake the lawn, put some grass seed down or add some planters to bring colour to the backyard).