The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) eligibility criteria has expanded, which is good news for seasonal workers, part-time workers, contractors and individuals who have experienced a reduction in their income, which leaves them earning less than $1,000 per month. The eligibility criteria is now workers:
- Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
- Who have stopped working because of reasons related to COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits or have exhausted their Employment Insurance regular benefits between December 29, 2019 and October 3, 2020;
- Who had employment and/or self-employment income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application;
- Who have not quit their job voluntarily; and
- Who earned less than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for 14 or more consecutive days within the four-week benefit period of your claim.
I spoke about the CERB changes on Breakfast Television Calgary last week. Watch the full episode HERE.
Need to apply for CERB?
If you have CRA My Account, apply through this portal HERE.
If you do not have CRA My Account, you need to go through My Service Canada Account HERE.
Details about the CERB program can be found HERE.